Day 4: May 11

Today I finished my second bat of senior project and I certainly have learned a lot and made some pretty important changes. I have become more proficient and efficient when I’m not the lathe. I am faster in cutting down the wood I am also more confident in making changes to my cut or where I am working on the large. I have been trying to change where I start and stop the diameters of the bat as well as trying to elongate the barrel and making a thicker handle. I have also changed my process on making bats, instead of doing one bat at a time. I now do the same process of the bat twice or three times together then do the last step by itself. I am trying to streamline my process and make it more efficient so I can get all the bats I want done. Today I worked from 9-12:30 and 1-3 which combines to my total of 22 hours and 50 minutes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6: May 13

Week Reflection