Day 7: May 15

Today was a good day I finished another bat today it was my fourth ash bat of the senior project and I really feel like I am starting to get the hang of things. I also started to turn my maple bat that I am making for myself, I want to use this bat in a game over the summer. Maple is much easier to turn it is a denser wood which makes it a smoother cut through the wood, I enjoy working with it much more than ash. It can sometimes be a fight with ash because of the open pores and the open grain, my tools sometimes can get stuck between grains or the pores. I still have four more bats and am hoping that I get better with each one and continue to improve and progress with my skills. With every bat, I have tried something different whether that means changing the barrel size or the shape of my handle or knob. Today I worked from 8 am to 12 pm and from 1 pm to 3 pm, which makes my total 38 hours and 50 minutes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6: May 13

Day 4: May 11

Week Reflection