Weekly Reflection

I have been working on hard on my senior project, which involves making baseball bats. I have been using different types of wood, such as ash and maple, and have found maple to be easier to work with. I have been experimenting with different designs and techniques for each bat, aiming to improve my skills with each one. I have also been working on other woodworking projects, including an Adirondack chair, which I planned and successfully put in the art show along with one of my finished bats. I have been keeping track of my working hours and have spent a significant amount of time in the woodshop working hard on my project.


I have shared my personal satisfaction with their progress, having finished my fourth ash bat and starting to work on a maple bat that I will use over the summer. I have noted the differences in working with ash and maple and the challenges posed by the differences in each wood such as open pores and grain of ash. Despite this, I have remained optimistic about improving my skills with each bat I make.


I talked about this week, the slower pace of my work due to gloomy weather, and although I still completed my fifth bat. I have mentioned the importance of finishing the bats quickly to allow for creative liberties later in the project. I also discussed my plans for finishing the bats, including painting them half green and half white with personalized wood burns. I also wrote about injuring myself on the lathe but I assure you that I am okay. I have had a lot of fun during my senior project and have really enjoyed having a routine that I subscribe to every day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6: May 13

Day 4: May 11

Week Reflection